Uralchem regularly implements measures to reduce energy consumption and improve energy efficiency of its operations. The Company's plants collect and record energy consumption data, set relevant targets, develop and implement short-term annual and long-term energy conservation programmes, which provide for the introduction of the best management practices and advanced resource conservation techniques.
Energy saving programme activities are aimed at:
- reduction of specific costs of energy resources – natural gas, electricity, thermal energy, industrial water, compressed air
- reduction of consumption and the amount of purchased energy resources
- improving technology processes
- upgrading equipment
- reducing fuel and energy losses
- increasing equipment reliability